The Safrea MediaHub is an independent online media platform, with a subscriber-based newsletter, that was established in order to showcase and promote the members of the Southern African Freelancer’s Association, and to add value to their professional competencies. The content is created and/or curated by members of the Southern African Freelancers’ Association. It encompasses all media content: copy; visual, and sound.
The website has an associated newsletter, called the Chronicle, an opt-in e-mail newsletter that distributes the latest work.
The newsletter and the website are intended to be a publication platform for Safreans; a shop window for their work; a testing ground for new ideas; a portal for the reader to find content they might not find anywhere else; a mentoring project for newcomers; and a focus on more unusual and less-accessible media. It adds value to the work of any Safrean.
There are creators, there are columns, there are opinions, there is multi-media, and they will cover as broad a range of topics, subjects, formats and media types as possible.
We hope to entertain, inform, edify, educate, and amuse.
* Any views and opinions expressed in the Chronicle are solely the responsibility of the person themselves in their personal capacity, and in no way do they necessarily reflect the views of Safrea, or the views of any members of Safrea.
How the MediaHub works:
- The MediaHub is only available to Safrea members.
- To start posting, simply sign up as a Contributor, using your Safrea membership number as the code.
- Watch the two how-to videos on the site once you have signed in
- Start posting!
- There is a style guide, contributors guide and protocol on Google Drive, you can access the links on this page.
Editorial meetings take place every Friday at noon. A link to join the meeting is distributed every Thursday through the Safrea Google Group. In these meetings, there is usually a short tutorial on some communication skill, which covers essential information for the freelance trade.