The Professional Development team got together at the end of January to brainstorm topics and speakers based on the outcomes of Safrea’s recent survey among members. “The biggest ask by far was for practical, work-related skills and we’re planning an array of events with something for everyone,” said Leonie Selvan.
One of the webinars up is professional photographer Bertrand van der Berg. Although Bertrand is off to do his Master’s in photography in the USA this year, he agreed to do a webinar for Safrea. Bertrand’s work has been published by The Sunday Times, Channel24, Sunday Independent, IOL, Media24, GoDaddy, Johannesburg in Your Pocket, DKNY and Dior. If you are involved in photography in any way, you don’t want to miss this one! The date and topic will be confirmed soon.
|Survey results – Safrean’s professional development needs most in demand
1. Practical work-related skills (81%)
2. Access to legal advice (56%)
3. Growing my business (56%)
4. Networking (54%)
5. Dealing with tax (44%)
6. More resources and material (42%)
7. Preferential/reduced medical aid (42%)
8. Drafting contracts (39%)
9. Marketing and branding (39%)
10. Financial management (27%)
11. Negotiation/conflict management (22%)
12. Coaching (20%)