How do we overcome trauma and loss in our lives to such an extent that it becomes a driving force to personal success? Nimee Dhuloo, inspiring personal and business coach, mentor and author of the book “Living on purpose” shared her life lessons with Safreans during a Gauteng South webinar.
She explained how her world was crushed 17 years ago after she lost everything due to death and subsequent betrayal by those closest to her. These experiences shaped her thinking and moulded her to achieve much success and happiness in life. Nimee offers these nuggets to navigating change and challenges:
- Know your why – understand why you are here and your situation.
- Know your what – understand your abilities and what you should learn for self-mastery. Constantly re-engineer and reinvent yourself to remain relevant.
- Know your way – set a vision and focus on clear goals and positive outcomes.
- Know your finances – take control of your personal governance and paperwork.
- Know your people – ask people you can trust for help, build sound relationships and be at peace with yourself.